1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeremy Shockey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Though perchance for all we know, Shockey goes home, peels off the fake tats, feeds his yorkshire terrier, puts on some Wagner and perhaps reads a page from Ovid before fixing himself a rack of lamb with mint jelly and a bottle of fine zinfidel.

Or he crushes a 30-pack of Natural Ice, crams an ungodly horn of Cope into his left cheek and beats off to Shannon Tweed's Greatest Hits before passing out with the stereo blasting Scott Stapp's The Great Divide. Either or.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Trust me, it's the latter...Although he's not a Scott Stapp guy. More into Pantera.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hmmm, since he went to Miami, my guess is...

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If Shockey was actually a complete player who didn't go apeshit on his quarterback when he wasn't getting enough passes, I could care less who he was fucking or who he was listening to.

But he's not. Everyone who loves him convienently forgets that he was the reason the Giants blew that playoff game to the 49ers a few years ago. Everyone focused on the blown field goal and the bad snap, but somehow ignored that Shockey dropped a touchdown late that hit him right in the hands when he was standing all alone, probably dreaming about which direction he was going to flex after he caught it.

Shockey's the highest paid TE in the league, so I doubt the Giants can afford to trade him with such a big cap number. But it will be interesting to see what happens if he starts screaming at Eli next year on the sidelines.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My guess is that Shockey doesn't have the chache with the team to ever yell at Eli again. With Toomer either going to retire this year or next, and the emergence of Boss as a credible TE, the Giants would be well served to to go with a 2 TE set more often, Plax and Smith wide and Jacobs or Bradshaw or Ward as the sole back.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pallister has no idea why he just bolted from the stands to attack a first base coach. :D :D :D :D :D

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

An adult sitting in a luxury box having drinks?

Gasp!

The horrors!

I do hope all those that are wagging their finger at the injured Giants' tight end have lived a pure life.

8. There is Diet Coke everywhere.

9. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

wow, a whimsical reference on SportsJournalists.com that i actually got! that's a rarity

great video ... sean landeta still gets a few bucks royalties every year

[​IMG]

10. ABOUT DAMN TIME!
    Were you people NEVER children?
    Thanks, cane.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i am hurt, friends. :( :( :(

that is all. :'( :'( :'(

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought that was Emenem on 'roids