1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeremy Shockey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Feb 4, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

is there a bigger white trash dick in the league than Shockey?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't claim to be any kind of expert on the Giants. I couldn't tell you anything about either of them as a blocker, etc. I do know that Mannings' numbers improved when Shockey was out. Is there a chance that Boss fits better? Yeah, there's a chance.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Try it, it might work for you.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I know that Fassell used to have a policy that injured guys not only weren't allowed to stand on the sidelines, they weren't even welcome around the facilities if they weren't going to play the next year. Since Coughlin bills himself as a no-nonsense dick like Fassell did, it wouldn't surprise me if this policy remained in place.

If I were Jerry Reese, I would get whatever value I could for Shockey, who is a petulant little child, a bad teammate, and completely overrated as a pass catcher.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, he was on his way to another 60-catch season before his injury, which would have been his fourth straight. He hasn't fumbled in three straight regular seasons, or for at least 188 catches.

He was third on the Giants in receptions in the regular season this season, two behind Toomer. He isn't overrated, and will be back next season.

6. Boss is a better fit in that offense than Shockey. He blocks his guy then makes a big play without mouthing off.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. BYH

BYH Active Member

While that's very funny, Belichick went to Wesleyan and played lacrosse. So he's eliminated as a white trash loooser.

Kaylee says Shockey's a Maxim-reading douche. I doubt that. I think the words are too big in Maxim.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Does the NFL have a rule prohibiting players on IR from being on the sideline?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He doesn't block. He doesn't run great routes. He drops too many passes. He throws fits when he's not included enough in the offense.

Having a dominant personality as your tight end doesn't work that often. Shannon Sharpe is about the only one who could pull it off, and he wasn't exactly going to tell John Elway to fuck off.

I'm sure Shockey will be back next year and I'm sure people will continue to pretend that he's a good player because he catches a decent number of balls. He also demands he be thrown to a lot. Even when he's standing in triple coverage.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Shockey's always been a huge dick to Eli. Methinks Eli likes the Boss...well, the other Boss

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Boss is going to be pretty good. But Shockey is still the better receiver. Wouldn't be surprised if they were both starting next year, assuming one of them ends up w/ another team.

Draft saved Draft deleted