1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeremy "Money Ball " Brown Retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 19, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oakland -- playoffs from 2000-2003, 91 wins in 2004 (no playoffs), 88 wins in 2005 (no playoffs), 2006 division title

Minnesota -- division titles in 2002-2004 and 2006, 83 wins in 2005, 85 wins in 2001

Anaheim -- playoffs four of last six years, 89 wins one of the other years

St. Louis -- six playoff appearances since 2000, 85 wins one of the other years

Atlanta -- six straight playoff appearances 2000-2005, 84 wins in 2007

Should I stop there or keep going?

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

So again, Lee for Podsednick & Vizscaino - is Kenny Williams still a genius?

3. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Can't we all get along? :)

I don't think I've seen anyone say that statistics are the end-all or that they mean nothing. I don't think anyone who draws a big league paycheck would take either position. In fact, I don't think that anyone on this board would either. It is all a matter of degree, and the degree to which statistics are relevant varies widely depending on what statistics you are talking about, so there isn't really a correct answer.

This is sort like arguing whether a zebra is black with white stripes or white with black stripes.

It's a zerbra and it is both black and white.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sure Rodney.

Draft saved Draft deleted