1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeopardy Online Test

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Jan 27, 2009.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

As it was last year, I got about half right. When I have time to really thing about the answers, of course, I get more of the questions right, but you don't have that kind of time on the show.

Movies get me a lot. I've seen them, but don't remember them. And then common stuff stumps me from time to time. And I really thought it was baby bump.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't expecting this score: "You may be a redneck."

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Isn't their logo a bull? That would make sense.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's true, but you're hearing it rather than reading it, and the countdown clock doesn't start until you ring in on the TV version...

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm pretty sure that one was Bear Sterns. But the rest seem to check out OK.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which would make it Bear Stearns. The word "bear" isn't in the name of Merrill Lynch.

EDIT: Thanks, 'beetus.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I think you get five seconds from the time Alex reads the clue to ring in, maybe five to answer.

Auditory plus visual clues are easier for sure. And of course you deal with just 13 categories, not 50.

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Assuming those answers are correct (I don't see any reason to doubt them), I got 31.

I cannot believe the basalt question... I didn't read the category for "B In Geology" so I wrote magma.
    Had Victoria as the answer to #3, and changed it at the last second. And I was 100% sure that magna cum laude was the highest you could get. Guess not.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Also wrong on the answer key as it's posted now: It's summa cum laude, not magna cum laude.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The one I'm pissed about missing is Shell Oil. Typed in Exxon, then erased it and typed in Standard Oil.

"Conch" was a dead giveway. D'oh!

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I guessed on a few, like the illustrater-author who wrote "The Tyger." I said Suess, but I don't believe that's right. And can anybody tell me the name of the British band that released, "In the Rainbow?" I threw Oasis out there, but that was an absolute blind stab in the dark.

Still, I'll be surprised if I didn't get between 35-40 right. I thought most of the questions were fairly easy, easier than the one two years ago, and I got called to a live audition after that one. So...

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I would have never thought of Bear Stearns. Which makes the clue even that more cute. Dammit.

Draft saved Draft deleted