1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeopardy Online Test

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Jan 27, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dammit, there was a pop culture section? I should have woken up 10 minutes earlier and taken it tonight.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I feel like we're speaking a different language :D

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No, I got that much. What I'm really interested in is how quickly you find out if you passed.

But you keep up that condescending bullshit if it makes you feel better.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Should be horsepower, but I could be wrong.

5. imjustagirl

But that's not what you asked. Seems like yours is the condescending bullshit.

It says it's anytime in the next 18 months. Also on the first page where you register.

6. Steak Snabler

Perhaps. My first reference to "score" was an honest mistake. I didn't think it warranted the response it got.

And the second reference to "score" was in a post eight seconds after the one telling me there was no score. And then I was sent looking for something I was told was in a post above mine that turned out not to be.

Either way, a simple, "there are no scores. You'll find out if you passed some time in the next 18 months" would have been sufficient instead of an attempted verbal smackdown. But I guess that would be too simple for the anonymous cyberworld.

I admit I didn't read all the fine print. My test window jumped straight from the sign-in page (page 4) to the countdown clock. I registered a few weeks ago.

No big deal. Sorry if I taxed your last nerves.

Carry on.

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Steak, it just seemed pretty cut and dry. You asked if there was a score, we said they weren't given out, and then you asked again (as did Walter). It just seemed like you weren't reading and asking for an answer that had been typed several times already.

9. Steak Snabler

Looks like I got 35, depending on whether or not they gave me credit for my panic-induced typo spelling of John "Cotlrnae" or whatever I typed.

Did better than I thought ...

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Got in the neighborhood of 31. I'm mad about missing a few of the ones I did.

11. imjustagirl

Wow, I really do not read much at all.

12. imjustagirl

So I have a question: Those "answers" are they right, or is that what that guy answered? Because there's no way Merrill Lynch is the right answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted