1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jenny, Jenny (I got it, I got it ... I got your plumber on the wall)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 19, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

LINCOLN, R.I. - One-hit wonder Tommy Tutone made the phone number 867-5309 famous in the band’s 1982 hit single, which uses the digits over and over in its catchy refrain.

Now, a Rhode Island company and a national firm are battling over the right to use the number, which doesn’t reach the “Jenny” that Tutone sings about, but could find callers a decent plumber.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18756150/?GT1=9951

Tommy “Tutone” Heath told The Boston Globe that he’d prefer if neither company used the number.

“It’s ridiculous,” said Heath. “If I wanted to get into it, I could probably take the number away from both of them.”

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Call Jenny to get your pipes cleaned... oddly appropriate. ::) ;D

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

For a good time call.....

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Actually, he probably can't. The phone company owns the number. They give it to whoever they want. Tommy Tutone doesn't own the rights to a phone number. I'm not totally convinced he can own a phone.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wonder if he could sue if a musical act starting calling themself "Tommy Ringtone."

You gotta admit, it's way more contemporary. Surprised Tommy himself hasn't already thought of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted