1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother were shot to death; actress' nephew missing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Oct 24, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Is this just getting posted?
    It's been on the news for about six hours.
    WOW !
    Horrible story. I wonder why she hadn't (if needed, forcibly) moved her family out of that dingy-looking house.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Wow, terrible story. My condolences go out to her.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Horrible. BYH sent me the link hours ago, but then I forgot to check back on it (at that point, it was just two people, no names).

Damn.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother were shot to death; actress' nephew mis

I briefly saw it on the news and then couldn't find anything on the wire, so I forgot about it.

A pretty terrible situation.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

wow.... that's horrible..

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm just hoping the little boy is OK.

8. I just saw The Secret Life Of Bees, which I recommend. She was great.
    Very sad.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

fingers crossed for the little boy. simply tragic.

i can appreciate loyalty to one's roots, but darn, don't we all strive for success to take care of our families? i'd have to believe jennifer trid to get her mom to move from the south side of chicago.

if the murderer is this ex-con/mom's boyfriend, who knows if moving would've been enuf. if this guy moved with mom, it could've happened anywhere, i presume.

how terribly sad. :( :( :(

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If the guy who did it is the one who was arrested, it might not have mattered if the family had moved to a gated community in the deepest 'burbs. The guy is Hudson's brother-in-law. He has a long criminal record, so he would have found them wherever they were.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I agree with that, Bob. Anyone can move anywhere to get away from violence, but if someone knows the family, or is family, they will find them by any means to harm them.

I hope the CPD finds the kid, and then deal with that creep.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Agreed. Domestic violence is not random-South Side-gang-fueled-kill-you-for-your-sneakers violence.

And speaking of the South Side of Chicago, it's not exactly the deadly ghetto it's always made out to be. There are some pockets that my white ass would never be in alone after dark, but it's also got nice neighborhoods and the Hyde Park area and the lakefront. Safety-wise, I'd take the South Side over certain border towns any day.

Draft saved Draft deleted