1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jenna's with child!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 26, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I know a lot of people who think he is the most amazing director ever. I liked Clerks, but his other stuff is very average.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm a big Kevin Smith fan. I think he's a much better writer than a director. But I've got a ton of respect for him in both disciplines. He sees it, and he shoots it.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I prefer Michael Mann, I am one of about 25 people who liked the film version of Miami Vice.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh Ross. Say it isn't so.

(I actually didn't see it, but the previews made my stomach churn)

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Smith and Mosier cut more than 30 minutes off that movie. It probably worked out for the best -- because it was about 2 hours, 43 minutes on the final cut -- but I don't think I would have complained if it was three-plus hours.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That was my thought, too. So are we to assume she's in church every Sunday morning taking communion? Somehow I think not.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I liked Miami Vice because it was just what I expected. I don't need every movie to have some underlying message. When I went to see it I wanted a film with great cinematography (which Mann is known for) and a solid story with some action (which it had). I went in wanting two hours of entertainment and I got what I paid for.

I thought Dogma was good, but not as great as many people who saw it. I am just not a fan of Smith. Part of it is the hero worship that so many people have of his films, I don't like to follow the masses.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's the same reason I like classics like Problem Child and Problem Child 2: Shorter lines.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

What's funny is all the people I saw Miami Vice with (In Klamath Falls, Oregon just to give a little perspective) were fans of the TV show back in the 80's when it was new. I had only seen the show on DVD (I love it, I have the whole set) and was going in not thinking it would be like the show. They all were saying afterward they wanted the pastels and shit.

10. wizardofgore

wizardofgore New Member

Funny a tread on Jenna Jameson turns to Kevin Smith because they both are... OVERRATED!

Draft saved Draft deleted