1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jenna Bush wedding: Pictures revealed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 12, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe she was going to be a sacrifice to the Phelps family after the nuptials.

2. I'm not kidding.
    That thing looks like it was designed by the famous couturier, House Of Atreus.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I really wonder what the Phelps clan hopes to accomplish with their charade. You don't make your point at funerals and you don't make your points at presidential weddings, you only make a fool out of yourself. And it's equally insane to try and group everyone who isn't for some of the related issues to be placed in a tight stereotype with Phelps. The man, if anything, gives more credibility to those on the other side of the issues because he comes off looking like the complete moron he is. Even Jesus emphasized love overtaking a multitude of sins, and sinners.
    That being said, Jenna looked pretty damn good.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

They are nuts, period.
    And part of the blame is on the media for spreading their message.

5. Believe me, yawn. I can find enough evidence to mock Christianist loonies without pinning the Phelps clan on them.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhm, sorry, but that's a slippery slope there Fen. Phelps is not a Christian, at least not in any sense that Jesus or God would recognize and appreciate. Other Christian "loonies" rarely rise (or sink) to the level of Phelps and his clan.

7. Which is why I posted "Christianist" and not "Christian", aa.
    Christianists are the preachers et. al. enthralled to conservative politics first, last, and always. The guys who ripped that Evangelical petition last week. Also, their flocks.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK. Never before heard the term Christianist.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Three things:

1) Jenna's better looking than her slightly smarmy new hubby, not that it's unusual for a pretty woman to fall for a less attractive man, just an observation. Maybe he's a really nice guy.

2) Love her dress. Very flattering.

3) According to Wolf Blitzer, the pastor who married them is an Obama supporter. Just found it interesting.

10. Somebody wrote it a couple of years back to avoid precisely the stereotype problem that you mentioned. I think it works pretty well.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I dunno. I prefer Christianista.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

ARRRGHHH!!!!

Did no one have a towel?

Did no one have a car for her to change in?

What a dunce.

Draft saved Draft deleted