1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jenkins tweet folo... GD issues an apology

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Golf Digets got a number of complaints regarding Jenkins YE Yang tweet ...

One of the editor's issues an apology .. .

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on an apology from Jenkins.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My first editor strongly advised against making weak humor of peoples' names, and Jenkins' tweet reassures for the 2,567th time he was correct. Thanks again, Lloyde.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just in on my Twitter feed:

OldHossRadbourn According to D. Jenkins, H. Matsui looks curiously like last night's sushi chef from "Benihana."

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That's good advice.

I had a boss who had this rule: Nobody gives a shit about your golf game or your fantasy team, so don't talk about it.

Then I had a boss who threatened jail for anybody who referred to snow as "the white stuff." Probably a pretty good idea as well.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Based on your first example, you appear to have had spnited as a boss

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

But did he allow the use of "Cinderella" during the NCAA tournament?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I guess it's the 21st-century way now, but I don't give a hoot if you "removed it from our archive." It happened. Just apologize if you feel you needed to.

Though you also should have known when giving a Twitter feed to a serial wisecracker (and I say that with reverence to Jenkins) that sooner or later you'd get something like this.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Things were much more fun before the PC police arrived.

9. bwright

bwright Member

Amen.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Next HBO will be apologizing for Chris Rock and SI will be apologizing for listing Semi Tough as one of its 100 all time sports books.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As I said on the other thread, it's about context.

And about the fact that the only real growth market left for golf is Asia.

12. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Reading this thread has made me wonder: if Huckleberry Finn is banned from some libraries, what about Semi-Tough? You could probably be jailed in Canada for just carrying that thing around in a briefcase.

Draft saved Draft deleted