1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jena at Columbia (University)"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 11, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

JDV --

I'm going to do this rationally. My initial post was meant to establish that the law recognizes "fighting words" -- completely separate from "hate speech". It is my contention that a noose would certainly be considered the former. A judge might disagree, but one could certainly make a strong case.

The point being, this isn't necessarily a "hate speech" issue, with all of the ramifications to which you alluded. Fighting words haven't been protected for a long, long time.

2. IU90

IU90 Member

Boots, I need no education on Liberty City, I'm already quite familiar. And I'll note that you once again completely evaded the questions actually posed to you. I'll take that evasion as an implicit admission that your statement that you'd lived there (and everywhere else, it seems) was just another boots "exaggeration" and, in the interests of avoiding a pissing math, drop this.

Draft saved Draft deleted