1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jen Rainwater

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I can't take you seriously as a reporter of the team you cover when you dress like this. (and yes, I know. 6)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doc Holliday likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

100 percent chance her BAE has a T-shirt that reads, "If you can read this, my b*tch fell off."

fossywriter8 likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think this woman might actually be his soulmate.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's SBNation. How seriously are you ever supposed to take it?

Sorry, but, as much as I find her current behavior strange, SBNation employed her and, on top of that, journalists and readers who had no reason to stay quiet about her bizarre, nasty texts did so. Why? This person shouldn't be within 100 yards of a press box or an outlet outside of her own Wordpress blog.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Which lends credence to one tweet I saw claiming she had been harassing Giants fans and beat writers for months online.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think my favorite part of this is her Facebook post that claims she's the victim because people have been hacking her accounts and posting fake tweets and emails for years... and that Facebook post reads EXACTLY like all of those crazy "hacked" tweets.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is why the hyenas think journalists are a joke. Well done.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  8. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I never read Deadspin. I'd never heard of Jen Rainwater until this incident.
    If her tweets are any indication of her writing, I'll probably never hear of her again.
    I realize I'm older than her and her target audience, and that social media quips don't always follow grammar rules, but her tweets were painful to read on many levels.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Jen Rainwater sounds like some Native American character on a Bonanza episode.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Played by a white woman, of course

Doc Holliday likes this.
  11. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

Don't let anyone fool you. It's collusion by the Russians.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

If you want some good, free entertainment, take a look at her Twitter page. That girl is an absolute nutjob. Talks/tweets like she's bi-polar. How do people like this get in media, much less stick around for 7 years? Today's media is a joke.

Jen Rainwater⚾♋ (@Baseball_Jen) | Twitter

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted