1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele on Larry Johnson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Maybe we should just go ahead and sticky Jemele Hill's name, or have a running Jemele Hill thread, if we're going to keep obsessing over the same thing each week.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If we did that, we'd need to do the same for Whitlock.

You know Big Sexy would be mad if we didn't.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I didn't take the test, sc. Should I have?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You just seem very angry today, so maybe you should have.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

The stupidity bar is raised pretty high around here, but I'll be damned if you didn't clear it easily.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh come on, you saw it, Myers had no idea what had just happened. It was hilarious. As I said, the attention he got for it went to his head. He wasn't as bad before he said it as he is now.

Love how people pick and choose what they read on these threads.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I seem angry based on what, a couple of posts on one particular thread? Hmmmm, that's quite the diagnosis.

To be quite honest, I've actually been in a pretty good mood all day and all night. My medication must be working.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Very few in the print media are... I'm not sure I'd say the same thing about the broadcast media. I've known of too many examples of a female TV reporter seeing an athlete over the years to say that it rarely happens. I'll bet it's happening in almost every major market...

9. Just for history's sake, and using Jemele's standards, wasn't Frank Sinatra a "studio gangster"?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

And Puffy - who went to private school

does anyone lnow which part of State College PA is considered "The Hood"?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes.

But many of his friends, notably Sam Giancana, were not.

12. let me restate: the groupies column was very good given the page 2 platform. it's a different discipline at page 2 than writing for a newspaper.

i'm amazed at how unhip this board is. "studio gangsta" has been around since the 1980s when nwa broke gangsta rap.

Draft saved Draft deleted