1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele on Larry Johnson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Where I come from, the people who act like they have "street cred" really don't have any at all. "Studio gangster" is a great term to describe them.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Fabulous. Just fabulous, Ace.

Many thanks, IJAG. Ms. Hill, great term. I'm sure your 25 year old plaything would be proud. Ooops, have I crossed the 'RokSki' line again (God I hope so. And, yes, I was late to the party in that other thread). ;)

Thanks for thinking of me, even if it's just to correct my ignorance. I'm editing a biography right now which is boring me to tears, and which has left me less motivated to complete it than I am to click on Page 2 articles. A diversion is always welcome. Peace.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Again, Jemele Hill didn't invent the term.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Doc, now I owe you twice. First for pulling in IJAG the other night, and now for bringing Easy-E back into my consciousness. If ever there were the 'anti-studio gangster,' it would be Easy.

You are a walking cultural encyclopedia. I dig that about you, man. All sincere respect to you for that.

Ha ha. That's funny. Nice. Likes the pink-skinned ones, huh? :)

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Again, Doc was NOT the one to bring me into that thread.

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Though I appreciate anybody who would even think I could be so clever.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Doc can throw a cockdian over dem mountains.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

(ok) ((slinks to corner)) ((feels about, um, 25 years old)) :-[

Can he ever. What's up, Chuck? How you been? What's the deal with Kobe's ankle? The Lakers are just punking fools right now. Looks like they're really getting the triangle now.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That white street cred!

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I Love that term. I'll be playing the Studio Gangsta Card on a thread near your

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He also has a history of beating women, 2 arrests.

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

What does a studio Gangsta have to do with playing football?

Either you put up or get CUT!

The Black hiphop community dissed Eminem - yet he's still selling cd's. Jemelle's article is Whack. Yes, Johnson is from a 2 parent home from the surburb - so what! He killed Polomalou(sp) by snatching him down from behind. How she going to say he's a FAKE runningback?

What she know? This bish is OUT OF ORDER. He's the second best Runningback in the league.

Too often Black Americans diss other black Americans coming from a two parent home as being "special" "lucky" "silver-spooned" - This ignant bish KNOW NOTHING about the TORMENT that might have existed in that home.

Besides, she's trying to nudge groupies girls aside to get into the ballers jocks herself.

Draft saved Draft deleted