1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele Hill leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ice9, Jul 23, 2018.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

When I open firefox they have 3 articles 'recommended for you.' A few times there's been an article from the Ringer. I've read a some
    and they've been decent, but don't think I've gone to that site more than a couple other times.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As for Jemele, once she leaves ESPN, she will have one shot to truly cash in. MSNBC, maybe CNN. I don’t think The View is a fit for her.

At her next stop, she’ll have to prove she has an audience that watches for her. My prediction is she won’t have enough to justify the cost (Megyn Kelly will soon leave NBC for this reason) and Jemele will then move to NPR for commentaries.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's hard to go back to writing after hitting the talking head world, but if she's interested and disciplined enough, she has the ability. Even just in TV, she won't miss too many paychecks, let alone meals.

Tweener likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think he just signed another contract with HBO. He must be doing something they like.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The show he hosted on HBO flamed out. Don't know how the recap of the Warriors' Finals sweep that came out 9 days after the last game did. But he also produces docs. I think the Andre the Giant one.

6. slc10

slc10 Member

One thing to remember is ESPN is owned by Disney which owns ABC. SHe might get a View gig after Whoopi goes to the asylum.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’d be surprised. Every woman on that show is a fine sight beyond Hill in doing that kind of work.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

James Miller says on Twitter Hill is out Sept. 1. Took a buyout. Mutual parting.

ESPN undergoing a massive shift in the last 9 months.

9. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

“Amicable” LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted