1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele Hill interview

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Jun 24, 2008.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Methinks Dr. Pepper poker sucks almost as badly as Faygo red "soda."

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Blogs have stopped sucking each other off and are beginning to feud like the rest of us. Discuss.

3. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

Why the hell would anybody interview this person?

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Did I read it right? Her suspension already is over?

What the hell did that accomplish? And frankly, even if it's not over, what the hell does it accomplish? A way to withhold cash -- yeah, ESPN needs that. A teaching moment -- I would think the public humiliation would serve that purpose.

Either dump someone entirely or stick a note in their permanent personnel record to use against them when they seek raises. "Suspending" someone is all for show.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Now that's running a tight-ship home game. So no "baseball", with threes and nines wild and fours getting an extra card for a quarter?

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sorry to have to do this Joe, but as a result of this post, I'm suspending you for the next 30 seconds.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Ouch! That hurt! But I have now learned from my wicked, wicked ways. I respect that, DD.

8. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

God, as a kid, I used to love me some Faygo soda. Red, chocolate cream, frosh, pineapple, black cherry. Think my favorite was Rock & Rye.

At 25 cents a bottle, you couldn't beat it with a stick. Well, you could, but all the tasty Faygo chemicals would just make the stick melt in front of your very eyes.

Never thought anything good would come of another Jemele Hill thread, but these memories are priceless. Thanks Jemele. Thanks SixToe. And thank you, Faygo.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

So, you still have a digestive tract after drinking all that toxicity?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Plus, you learned a new poker game to impress your friends.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

What's so "obvious" about her talent? I haven't been impressed with her based on what I've seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted