1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jemele and Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Starting Monday they're taking their show to the 6 o'clock hour thus replacing Sportscenter and making it 3 straight talk shows behind ATH and PTI.

Does data show that no one is watching the 6 o'clock Sportscenter?

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No one is watching anything at 6, that's why they moved Jemele and Mike there.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I can't wait to not watch this show myself.

4. Songbird

I really don't like the promo.

5. cjericho

The one where they dance to Rob Base? Jemele's dress is a bit too tight, her fupa is prominently shown.

6. Songbird

Yeah, that one. Wonder much did they paid Base to use that?

Seems strange to put one more talk show on when at least 7 sports peoples will've spent the previous hour talking about the same things.

I think the 6 o'clock SportsCenter is on at the right time.

7. cjericho

Kind of doubt it cost a lot to use that. Wasn't that song in a fast-food commercial a little while ago?

8. Songbird

About lighting for the video ...

The interior dance sequences were not part of the original production. The entire film "budget" was four 100 foot rolls of 16mm film, which did not result in there being enough coverage, which explains the use of the xerography, and the insertion of the shots from the dance hall that do not match the video. The shot of a lone figure in a graveyard introducing the song (before the music starts) was indeed taken in a cemetery. There was no lighting budget, so the director of photography's Volkswagen Bus, which had suffered a collision during travel to the shoot location, was driven to the gate of the cemetery, and the vehicle's headlights were used to illuminate the shot. The artist is reported to have paid the "producer" $5,000 for the video, the production crew remains unpaid to this day, and it is unclear how much, if any, of the $5,000 was actually spent on making the video.[4]

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is what sports TV needs: More mindless chatter.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I learned a new word today!

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Since Skip left for FS1, there's been a void of ESPN shows that talk about LeBron 365 days a year.

poindexter likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've heard of Jemele Hill. Is this Mike Golic or Greeney?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.