1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein, dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Aug 10, 2019.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No matter what happens, 95 percent of Americans will never believe this Warren Commission report.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

From the original Post story:
    Convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein died overnight in an apparent suicide, law enforcement sources told the Post Saturday.
    A gurney carrying Epstein was wheeled into New York Downtown Hospital around 7:30 a.m.
    A call for a reported cardiac arrest came in at 6:38 a.m., Fire Department sources said.

Anything strike you as odd here? I understand that everybody dies when the heart stops, but wouldn't the call be for a hanging or a suicide attempt or a strangulation or a gunshot or something more specific than cardiac arrest if normal protocol is followed and it's believed to be a suicide attempt?

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Perhaps he found a way to electrocute himself somehow. Trying to think of any way to expose wires in solitary. If he did, he succeeded.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's what I'm wondering. Was he on suicide watch, especially after the first attempt, and what does it consist of?

5. HanSenSE

Panetta? You mean Gary Condit.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i.e., the happiest sumbitch in america on 9/11

FileNotFound and OscarMadison like this.
  7. HanSenSE

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The most benign explanation of Epstein's death was that he was given the ability to suicide through institutional misjudgment and/or negligence. That's the best case scenario. We know there will be at least a DOJ investigation. If said investigation identifies scapegoats and they are duly punished through loss of job, suspensions, etc. that would be an argument in favor of the benign explanation. But if it ends with "mistakes were made" and no individual or institutional sanctions, that would be a real tell something hinky is happening, because the investigation couldn't risk a scapegoat turning stool pigeon a la James McCord.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My biggest tin hat conspiracy theory...

We did it. Trump ordered it. The military can kill you through walls from a distance and we cannot detect it as it happens or after the event. We used some type of wave device or through micro drone technology.

This is crazy shit.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nope.

I meant who I meant; trust me, I was boots-on-the-ground in Modesto for the summer of 2001 covering every inch of that story.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Years ago, there was a man who lured a couple to a motel room for some fun. Friends who are old enough to remember it say the crime scene would have made Garth Ennis queasy. When the murderer was finally behind bars, he admitted it, but also said he was above the law, above humanity, and they would not win. He hanged himself in his cell. People who know more than me about this sort of thing say it was classic narc behavior.

Draft saved Draft deleted