1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein, dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Aug 10, 2019.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

1) Not everything is an example of racial discrimination nor is every criminal justice story a product of racism or lack of it.
    2) George Floyd wasn't "sentenced." A judge didn't put his or her foot on his throat after a criminal conviction. That is such a bad take. George Floyd was murdered. What happened to him was a crime, and the individuals responsible for his death faced the criminal justice system.

Smallpotatoes and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Okay I'll take that one back, it was for effect admittedly. No your statement is true (how can it not be, its an absolute that gives you an out if just one instance doesn't qualify) but this is the latest example of racial discrimination where the white, privileged, defendant gets leniency and the black, indigent, does not. If you want specific examples (names) I'll hunt them down but do I need to pull examples of where the black defendant who stole someone's car got 25 for grand larceny?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's windy in here. Sometimes effect sails right over people's heads.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Maxwell will ride out her days at probably the same Club Fed for women that Martha Stewart went to.

I watch too much MSNBC on weekends.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If something tried to sail over Ragu's head, he would catch it.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I want to see Clinton, Trump and Hunter Biden’s laptop on that list.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

sgreenwell, SFIND and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Because there are 5-4 odds that a former POTUS is on it (and maybe not even Willy Billy). I care about the victims, but I also care about pedo CiCs. If TFG shows up, I’m wondering how the QAnon crowd will spin it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

TFG wont't show up, so no QAnon spin necessary. Power, and privilege ensures anonymity. Read: White and Rich.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

if he is on there, they again will claim deep state, lies, he didn’t do as much as others, he didn’t know they were underage, it was a long time ago.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted