1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein, dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

?

Tighthead and OscarMadison like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this.

There are very few people in media who I respect more than Adam Davidson. On the one hand, I feel like he's echoing what I've been saying (and getting criticised about for years [hi, Quant and Gee!]) but on the other hand I feel a punch to the gut because I keep hoping I'm wrong about my thoughts that the "coup has already happened" and "the country is broken" and the various other bon mots I post...but, alas, if Davidson's right, and he almost always is, then...

dixiehack and OscarMadison like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yep. This is worse than Bishop Curry asking everyone to pray for Donald Trump and his communications people framing it as marching orders for the flock. (It also brought about an influx of farm hands from the ферма троллей.)

?Que?

This makes the third person I've started following because of recs from here.

Pro Tip: Don't let your cat help you type.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Virginia Giuffre has released a photo of her with Prince Andrew, which to the best of my knowledge has never been disputed by his folks despite their general protestations. Should she not accept an offered settlement?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

20 years for Maxwell.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That's it? Floyd received the death sentence for a counterfeit bill. Racial discrimination bunny just keeps going....

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Dead in a week?

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She's 60, so it might as well be a death sentence. Also I wonder who she gave up. Also also coincidental that the 1/6 bombshells will completely bury this news.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Parody site strikes gold ...

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I didn't see responses to my post because my notifications go off every time someone does anything, so I don't check them out like I use too.

Anyway, I realize this is a harsh opinion and maybe if I was in that position, I would do the same.

BUT, unfortunately when people settle, they get compensated and it's finished. Sometimes quietly. In the end, I don't think that is the best all around result.
    The best thing about the Dominion lawsuit is that they have stated the will not settle. They are going all the way to the end, to trial. That is going to benefit everyone as we see the facts come out. In fact they should be suing NM, yesterday for their claims of a funny feeling in their little tummy over the Dominion voting machine not being reliable.

Like I said, it is a harsh and probably selfish opinion and I may do the same thing in a certain situation, but I feel that bringing things all the way to the conclusion has a better ending for us, as a whole.

Slacker and wicked like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

SCOTUS will find some way to overturn it. Maybe Dominion’s attorney is a Muslim or something.

Slacker likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted