1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein, dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The death of any person in custody is a deep fuckup by the authorities at best. This one is on the Lee Harvey Oswald-Jack Ruby scale.

Driftwood and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The body count goes higher.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Eerie. Unsurprising.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Federal prisons are usually places where the federal government has exclusive jurisdiction, meaning they could tell state authorities to piss off.

It's always specific to the facility or piece of property, though. There's a massive catalog of federal properties available at a lot of law libraries where you can look up the jurisdictional status of each.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump will remain at half mast in honor of his 3rd favorite pimp

He shot himself in the back of the head, twice, the Clinton Suicide

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’ll push back on the “Epstein knows” narrative with two questions:

Was he eager to share everything?

Was the first suicide actually a murder attempt?

7. Michael_ Gee

Too nice a day to go to the law library. Even if the feds have jurisdiction over the case, doesn't a state coroner's report have to be filed?

8. Michael_ Gee

If it was a murder attempt, one might expect Epstein to at least have had his attorney do/say something. It's possible Epstein was his own conspiracy, bribing guards and other jail personnel to get the privacy he needed to commit suicide.

9. heyabbott

On the director’s commentary, IIRC, Coppola said it was a contract dispute that kept Richard Castellano from appearing in Godfather II. Which brought us Frankie FiveAngels.

10. heyabbott

Trump’s a pimp. He never could've out-fought Hillary. But I didn't know until this day that it was Putin all along.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Usually, although there is considerable variance from state to state on what is required and whether it's just a coroner signing off on a death certificate with little examination or a medical examiner conducting an autopsy.

Where coroners still exist - as opposed to medical examiners - they often don't have any forensic training.

The coroner in my hometown is elected, and the current office holder was one of my high school classmates. He's a firefighter who did not go to college and is also an anti-vaxxer. It's a part-time job.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I guess suicide watch means they watch the guy commit suicide?

Draft saved Draft deleted