1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jefferies JFK film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 12, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well, at least you're honest in your need to belittle others to make your point. Good luck with that.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

No.

I made my point.

I belittle those who are dishonest.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Probably the best vantage point for firing was on the turn from Houston onto Elm. From the 6th floor window, the target would have been at its closest point, and clear of any obstructions: trees, limo windshield etc. Link to a Dealey plaza CAD below

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/plazao.jpg

And although the trees may not have been an obstacle, the photo below shows they certainly had a lot of foliage left that day.

[​IMG]

So why wait?

And why did many, many witnesses, including police officers, run up the grassy knoll after the assassination if all the firing came from the TSDB? Those reflex actions at the moment of crisis speak louder than words.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dishonest on your terms, and dishonest if they don't share your view, I'm sure.

But go ahead and claim you've made your point, pretty much negating decades of debate.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dealey Plaza has buildings on three sides and a railroad viaduct on the fourth. There is a lot of concrete for noise to echo off of. It's entirely plausible that acoustics of the area would give a false impression of where the shots came from.

BTW, it's really weird driving through there and seeing the "X" painted on the street.

6. Hey Simon --
    Piss off, OK. Go some place quiet with a warm towel if you feel the need.
    The question is not golfers. It's gunmen. It's not obstruction. It's line of site and, as you see from the above, Texas Live Oak trees maintain their foliage into the winter.
    And AQB -- my memory is that there are not, and were not, buildings on the opposite side of Elm Street from the knoll and the TSBD. It was open ground for a good piece, IIRC.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

FB, you're right about that. Dealey Plaza is on the other side of Elm from the TSBD. But there are buildings on the other side of the plaza. There is an awful lot of concrete for the noise to bounce off of. In all the confusion it's entirely possible to think the shots came from a different direction.

[​IMG]

8. As regards to the overpass, I take your point.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

But why not? If LHO acted alone -- even though he had previously had contact, in his strange life, with a whole cast of shady characters who had connections of their own with even more shadier characters -- then he acted alone. The bungling and malfeasance of the Warren Commission doesn't change that.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

All predicated, however, by that IF. A really big IF. Because IF Oswald had help, then that certainly lends credence to a less-than-stellar job by the WC.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Two things...

1. Oswald's "sharpshooter" designation is not difficult to obtain. Oswald's score meant he was slightly above average, but he was no Carlos Hathcock. Given a week to practice, three bags full could have many of you shooting a 212 score.

2. A field trip to the TSBD is being considered for the Dallas SJ Outing.

12. This has to be posted here.

Draft saved Draft deleted