1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jefferies JFK film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 12, 2007.

1. The problem is that the WC didn;t argue that. It argued that LHO did the deed because he was impotent and insignificant and wanted to become a worl historical figure. The problem, of course, is that he denied the crime every time he got before a microphone, including a press conference. Confronted by this, the WC simply said the equivalent of, "See? We told you he was nuts" and moved along.
    A horrible, botched investigation that ABC seems to be convinced found the whole truth largely by lucky accident.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You're embarrassing yourself by suggesting that ABC just re-hashed the WC Report.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Unfortunately the zapruder film shows they weren't twisted in their seats, they were both facing straight ahead.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

The Zapruder film doesn't show the first shot hitting - just the aftermath. When Kennedy comes into view, he's already clutching his neck.

5. And Connally isn't injured at all.
    You can say what you will about the ABC doc -- and I watched it, too -- but their notion is still that there were hundreds of flaws in the way the WC did its job but that it still managed to stumble onto the essential truth of things.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I always thought it amazing that the money shot never exited through the front of Kennedy's face.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

After reading Gerald Posner's book, I agree with that assessment of the WC.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Who?

Mrs. Connally?

The governor was screaming like a stuck pig.

Also, Connally was seated about a foot inset from the president.

9. Simon_Cowbell

The interview of Clint Hill by Specter seals the deal for me that the money shot came from Depository 6th floor.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The HSCA relied heavily on acoustic evidence from the Dictabelt to come to the conclusion that four shots were fired. That audio evidence is in heavy dispute. I know nothing about the testing, etc., of that kind of evidence, but this link is interesting.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/odell/

11. Not when the limo comes out from behind the sign, he's not.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Kennedy, as taped footage shows, was shot at least once and probably twice from the FRONT of the motorcade.
    He clutches his throat, then his forehead splatters backwards with the second shot.
    Everytime I hear people debating that maybe it was just one shooter and maybe Oswald did this alone - I can't believe what I'm hearing.
    Oswald being snuffed was the final piece of the equation. Once he was gone, he could assume the role as the perpetual fall guy.
    Huge conspiracy here, folks. Just like the Huey Long scenario in Louisiana a few decades earlier.
    These guys were taken out by the syndicate.

Draft saved Draft deleted