1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jefferies JFK film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Not to my knowledge. There were to official investigations - one right at the time of the assassination and then the Warren Commission - that both concluded Oswald was the lone assassin. Folks didn't believe it.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.jfklancer.com/HSCA.html

"Probable" conspiracy.
    However, they have no idea who.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Did Charles J. Guiteau have one? Yeah, he thought he should be ambassador to France, but essentially the guy was nuts. So, in a less flamboyant way, was Lee.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Here's the graf inside the link that justifies the "probable" conspiracy:

4) There was a high probability that a second gunman, in fact, fired at the President. At the same time, the committee candidly stated, in expressing its finding of conspiracy in the Kennedy assassination, that it was "unable to identify the other gunman or the extent of the conspiracy."

When was this? Which congressmen wrote the report?

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

An experienced sniper could do what Oswald did.

The bullet could penetrate two bodies if no bones were hit in the first victim that would cause the bullet to mushroom.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I wish I remember what the name of the program was, but the super-slow motion replay showed the bullet doing pretty much everything the magic bullet did, including pitching and entering Connelly's back slightly sideways to cause a similar wound. And yes, the bullet came out barely damaged.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If the bullet never hit bones, though, it wasn't going to change directions ...
    As for Oswald, yes, he was an expert marksman by almost any account you can find, but three dead-on shots in the span of, what, 5.6 seconds, from a bolt-action rifle firing at a moving target? Sorry, I'm not convinced. It's hard enough to do that with an automatic rifle. If he had to chamber and fire the last two shots, that ain't human.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The investigation at the time of the assassination was the Warren Commission. In 1976 the United States House of Representatives Select Committee on Assassinations was formed to investigage Kennedy and MLK's assassinations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations

"The Committee investigated until 1978, and in 1979 issued its final report, concluding that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, probably as a result of a conspiracy."

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Why not believe? He'd had testing done in the Marines that everyone knew it was possible for him to shoot like that.

10. Wasn't the scope defective, as well?

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It shatter Connally's wrist. I'm pretty sure it hit bone.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

The magic bullet is bogus. Kennedy and Connally simply had to be turned at the right angle, and a straight shot could pierce them in the manner in which both were hit. That A/E or History Channel thing referenced above showed that (I saw it too). It didn't have to turn midflight, or ricochet off anything. The two men just had to be turned, with their bodies twisted into such a position that all the affected parts lined up, which is easily possible given where they sat and would not have required some crazy contortionist.

And one gunman could have fired off those shots. As was said, Oswald was an experienced marksman, so it's not unlikely that he could shoot the way this assasination would have required.

As was said, I think a lot of people have made a lot of money coming up with crazy conspiracy theories. Just ask the aliens we autopsied.

Draft saved Draft deleted