1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jefferies JFK film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This JFK film was released a couple weeks ago.

One thing that is evident is that Clint Hill was riding on the bumper of president's car 90 seconds before the shooting.

I wonder why he got off.

I'm no Ollie Stone conspiracy nut, but that strikes me as odd.

2. Probably because the car was going to make that tight turn from Houston onto Elm and he thought he might fall off.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

It was in a crowded area. It has been documented that when many people around, Clint got on. There were less, Clint got off. They were in a relatively sparse area when the shooting took place.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

http://imdb.com/title/tt0387490/

http://www.abcnewsstore.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=customer.product&product_code=S031120%2001&category_code=HOME

In 2003, Peter Jennings blew to shreds the most popular JFK conspiracy theories. My theory is that a lot of people have gotten rich concocting bogus conspiracy theories

5. Still no plausible motive for Oswald, though.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Did Jennings explain the magic bullet and how Oswald supposedly got three shots off in the short time span this all occurred?

7. Didn't a second congressional inquiry in the mid- to late-'70s conclude a conspiracy was likely?

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I saw a show on A&E or History Channel or Discovery (can't remember which) that recreated the magic bullet. They used gelatin- and bone-based based human dummies and as closely as possible recreated the exact positions. With a sharp shooter they got a bullet to do pretty much exactly the same things the so-called "magic bullet" did. Shown on super-slow motion it definitely showed that one bullet could have done all the things the "magic bullet" did.

9. And emerge pristinely from both bodies?

10. markvid

markvid Guest

If it never hit any bones, yes it would be in good shape.
    And people forget Oswald was not a pellet gun shooter.
    He was in top end of the Marines at the time.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yes, explained it quite well. I own the documentary and recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Kennedy assassination. It will blow 95% of the misconceptions/conspiracy theories out of the water. As the write-up on the DVD says, "The truth is knowable."

12. I'll ask again -- Didn't a second congressional inquiry in the mid- to late-'70s conclude a conspiracy was likely?

Draft saved Draft deleted