1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Reed ... again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Colin Dunlap, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I can see this happening once, but a second time won't fly with Steeler ownership.

The Rooneys value the public image of their organization and have a low tolerance for players who hurt that image, regardless of talent. I think there's a good chance Reed is sent packing after the season.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is the final year of Reed's contract. There was some question whether or not the Steelers would re-sign him or go a cheaper route even before this incident. I'd be shocked if they keep him now.

If this happens two weeks ago, they might have even made a switch in-season. As it is, he has looked more like his usual reliable self the last couple of games, so I'm thinking they will just let him leave as a free agent after the season is over.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. A Fenian Bastard sighting in Pittsburgh?

5. outofplace

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09293/1006943-100.stm

All due respect to Mike Tomlin, he is full of shit on this one. He has already said that Jeff Reed will play Sunday despite this incident. Of course, he was asked why Reed will play even though Santonio Holmes was benched the week he was arrested last year. His response was that this happened in time for the Steelers to address it and make it less of a distraction while Holmes' arrest happened later in the week (it was a Thursday).

Of course, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the Steelers would have to cut somebody to make room for a kicker if they suspended Reed for a week, could it?

Sorry, Tomlin. I call bullshit on this one.

6. Trey Beamon

Memo to Steeler players: If you get your partying in before the Tuesday presser, it's all good.

What a joke.

7. Trey Beamon

'Cause it's funny.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just like you Steelers fans to defend one of your own! Why isn't ESPN giving this story more attention!?!

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Just devote a 90-second block each SportsCenter to chronicle his bare-chested antics. He'd fill it.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What about his bare-balled effort?

OOP - Wasn't Reed the Steeler who was sending pictures of his package to females and one of them posted it online?

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

A message on behalf of those who read this board on a mobile device. How about those of you post put up a nut graf of the offense so we know what the F the accused has done. Luddite idiots.

12. outofplace

I hadn't heard that one, but it wouldn't surprise me.

It was Holmes that took a picture of himself naked and submitted it to the Guiness Book of World Records, saying he had the world's largest piece of equipment.

Draft saved Draft deleted