1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman's new tome "Boys will be Boys"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Aug 31, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

A synopsis of his new book was one of the lead stories on NY Post.com this morning.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08312008/postopinion/postopbooks/boys_will_be_boys_126843.htm

I get the feeling that it is going to follow along the same lines as The Bad Guys Won and Love Me Hate Me, both of which I loved. I'm not sure how much new ground Pearlman's going to break here, but I cannot wait to read the book.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Read an advanced copy a few months ago.

Words cannot describe how freaking awesome this book is. Pearlman hit a grand slam.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Loved "The Bad Guys Won".

4. Deadspin or somebody did a interview with him on the book several weeks ago. I hate the Cowboys, but it sounded really intersting.
    He wrote the book without talking to the Big Three (Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin)., He interviewed about a 100 other people associated with the team though. Got some great stories from guys likew Harper and some lineman. One about about Norton or Haley beating off in the locker room and tales from the strip club.
    It sounds really (guilty pleasure) good.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Somewhere, Skip is whimpering.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Apparently, this Charles Haley "anecdote" is among the highlights:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/08/charles-haley-would-like-you-to-watch-him-masturbate.html

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If that's even half true, holy shit.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Pre-ordered it last week. Absolutely cannot wait to delve into it. I imagine there are many anecdotes, a la Charles Haley, that are waiting to be told.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yep, ol' Charles. Making JMU proud.
    One of the best I ever saw play. Glad I never went into a locker room when he was there.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Whatever you do, don't look him in the eye.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I read the link......what's the big deal?

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am wondering how this book will be any differant than that series of books that Skip Bayless wrote on The Boys.

Draft saved Draft deleted