1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman's marathon training song list

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Nov 22, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Phila has the right idea, just the wrong bands. I don't understand how people can run to music that's not loud and angry. The music, like the running, should be aggressively cathartic, IMO.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

That's not exactly conducive to maintaining pace.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

It's conducive to not becoming bored and stopping.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Well, whatever works for you. The act of running is not boring to me, so I guess that's where we differ.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I can get up and run for 2 miles just about any time any day; have to psych myself up for an occasional 5K. But I just can't get into that "zone" and run long distances. I have the stamina and I run enough that it doesn't hurt my legs (or the rest of my body) to run more than 2-3 miles, but I just get bored after a while. All I keep thinking about is stopping and doing some other exercise for 15-30 minutes.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We've had mentions of marathons and Rush - the band - but no one added Rush's "Marathon" to the list?

For shame, gang ... for shame ...

"You can do a lot in a lifetime
    If you don't burn out too fast
    You can make the most of the distance
    First you need endurance
    First you've got to last ... "

With this lyric phrase following the bridge in 7/4, it's a mortal lock (at least for those who don't openly express their contempt for the group).

7. John

John Well-Known Member

In my Shuffle:
    Metallica's S&M album, the live one with the SF orchestra
    The Dethklok album -- from the Adult Swim show Metalocalypse, which is outstanding
    A couple of Pearl Jam concerts
    A few Rage Against the Machine Songs
    A few Chili Peppers songs
    Korn's Freak on a Leash

Draft saved Draft deleted