1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman finds Sports by Brooks, scraps article

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Pearlman can't help himself.

He reminds me of the Jude Law character in the movie Closer.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The previous two posts sum up Pearlman.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What was he thinking?

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

People tweeting and deleting will never cease being hilarious. Yes, no one took a screen shot, just erase it, no one will ever know what was tweeted.

6. Pony_Express

Pony_Express Member

Can somebody post the paragraph he deleted?

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I didn't screenshot it fast enough but read it and began Googling Burbank apartments with the attributes he described.

"LUXURY APTS" street sign held together by tape

Apartment D

Door handle painted gold

1997 Saturn parked in slot D

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What a fuckin asshat. Jeff Pearlman is the perfect amalgamation of the best and worst aspects of sportswriters. Dogged reporter, doesn't necessarily write about unique subjects, and steps on his own dick with consistency and force.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I can't find the screenshot and couldn't care less about the details of the apartment door.

Somebody bottom line this for me-- What the sitch with SBB? Is he mentally ill? Destitute? Sex-change operation? Addict? What ???

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's not about the details of the door. It's other tell-tale descriptions about an apartment complex that shouldn't be too hard to find now.

Brooks wants to be left alone, or might be crazy, or both. But Jeff has most certainly put people in motion to go fuck with Brooks.

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Texas Monthly did the same damn thing a few years ago when writing about an artist in Waco whose work has been portrayed on Hermes scarves. He doesn't like to be bothered, but the story could lead someone right to his house. (Granted, if you know your way around the county tax assessor website, you can find the guy's address, or the address of any property owner, but still...)

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/portrait-of-the-artist-as-a-postman/

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So we can eliminate sex-change operation and addict?

Draft saved Draft deleted