1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman calls University of Delaware racist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, Sep 20, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

West Chester, FWIW.

And they used to be pretty good in D-II football. And it's a backyard rivalry.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is nothing racial about it, judging by some of the replies here.

Heck, some of their best friends probably go to Delaware State.

3. Tat's fair, and, as an outsider, I obviously will not dispute it. But...if Pearlman's going to say that UDel people think of black people as "scary," as "those types of folk," he should probably cite one piece of actual evidence.

4. They still are pretty decent in D-II football, but I'd rather see a rivalry with a team that could actually beat us than a team that hasn't beaten us in almost a decade and a half.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Us? What position did you play?

6. Sorry, "I'd rather see a rivalry with a team that could actually beat our football team than a team that hasn't beaten them in almost a decade and a half."

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There seemed to be a lot of statewide agreement about the time traffic hit the Route 1 toll plazas in Dover heading south around 3pm every Friday during the summer.

And Sir, I'm pretty sure no physical evidence actually exists. The closed circle of administrators and other influential types would never let an outsider hear things, even if they make it pretty obvious. And as long as KC Keeler has a winner (and even if he doesn't), none of the lawmakers would dare do anything that would upset the school as it relates to football, lest their tickets and postgame celebrations in the lockerroom with the coaches and admins disappear. The devotion around the state is the I-AA version of the SEC.

Oh, and some UD fans do wonder what the hell West Chester is still on the schedule for anymore.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Oh, when politics and football clash in the deep south. ::)

Edit: Oh, this is Delaware... ;D

9. Flying Headbutt

Parts of Delaware are deep south-like.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I don't know if you were making a clever joke, but "slower lower" refers to the lifestyle and the people south of the St. Georges Bridge. It is unjustified, but many people feel its a different lifestyle and value system down there. The traffic is bad during the summer, but Route 1 has made it a much faster commute.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I'll agree with that. The southern environs of the DelMarVa peninsula are practically the gateway to the South.

12. Flying Headbutt

I know more about it all than you think. And the joke was that, yes, everyone north of the canal bridge loves slower lower during the summer. And it is a different lifestyle there. Vastly different.

And Cougar, I blame the fumes from the poultry farms. Chickenshit is the worst smelling of all the shits.

Draft saved Draft deleted