1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Kent to be on Survivor Philippines -- Season 25 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Re: Jeff Kent to be on Survivor Philippines

One of the returning guys had it right: the young folk are too eager to jump into alliances on the very first day.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's not a bad idea to make sure you survive the first vote, which some seasons (not this one) can be pretty random, but yeah, it gets ridiculous.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually was disappointed Zane was voted off. Like the therapist, would have been interested in learning more about those tats.

4. DanOregon

You need to buddy up with at least one person - if for no other reason than to have a second set of ears in case your name gets mentioned.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I hate when they don't have two challenges in an episode.

6. DanOregon

If I was on and knew who Kent was, I wouldn't tell him - I'd just drop little zingers to make him uncomfortable.
    "You repair motorbikes? Aren't they dangerous? You could get hurt on one of those."

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Kent would be somebody I'd want to take to the end.
    Being independently wealthy shouldn't count against someone the final judging, but in reality it probably would.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised we haven't seen the Chilltown strategy -- from the one season I ever watched of Big Brother -- employed more often on these shows, Survivor in particular.

Get a core alliance of say three people and tell NO ONE. Then each person forms a strong alliance with one other person. Your alliance now controls six votes and, as long as the outer three never realize they are in the "outer" part, you dominate.

9. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

What about Kent's knee injury before they even got to the island? It was like he was almost giving up then I wonder if one of the show's producers told him this isn't the MLB where they have a DL where you can come back from anything from knees to watery eyes.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sad to see Angie, who has to be among the hottest contestants ever get voted off, but it was the right move. Russell sucks at challenges.

If RC can survive the developing fiasco with crazy Abi, she has potential to go far. She's good at challenges and seems pretty bright. Malcolm is similar (minus the fantastic rack) but he's in a perilous position because his tribe can't win a challenge. I'm expecting a tribal shakeup soon.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Seems obvious that a shake-up is coming. The blue tribe doesn't have a shot at winning anything. Way too dysfunctional and Russell is a liability in physical challenges. Again, obvious. I'd be surprised if it plays out any different.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I expect them to lose again, and I expect Russell to go home.
    Then they send each of those last two to different tribes.
    Then maybe we can get two challenges instead 45 minutes of boring camp footage.
    The pacing and tempo of these episodes are terrible..

Draft saved Draft deleted