1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Kent to be on Survivor Philippines -- Season 25 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Re: Jeff Kent to be on Survivor Philippines

Zane violated the cardinal rule of reality shows ... NEVER put your neck on the chopping block. No matter how confident someone is in their status within a tribe, alliance, et al, the person who volunteers to be dismissed inevitably gets dismissed.

If that was his plan, it might have worked, except he KEPT selling them on the idea of sending him home, even at tribal. I think he really did want to go home and told the cameras it was part of his plan just so he wouldn't look like a quitter. The guy admitted to quitting smoking the day he got there and admitted having been a crack dealer. I wouldn't be surprised if he was addicted to more than cigarettes and couldn't handle being on the island.

The Blue team did the right thing by getting rid of him. Early in the game, no matter how much you dislike someone, if they are a strong competitor in challenges you MUST keep them. Weakening your team is absolute suicide. I always say, vote off weak players first until the merge, vote off strong players ASAP after the merge.

The blonde on the blue team (Katie?) is gorgeous. The investment banker is stacked, but she also appears to be a physical threat in challenges. Michael is going to chop off his own foot at some point. Russell Swan will go further than you think.

2. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I've always liked Penner, though he showed he isn't to be trusted when he did the mutiny thing the first time he played.

Two folks on the show from my neck of the woods, and one of them got the boot last night.

Russell's tribe is in trouble, though. They appear to be the weakest of the bunch, and they already seem to resent his "leadership".

Interesting to see if Kent's knee gives him problems next week. Looked like he banged it pretty hard leaving the boat in the beginning.

And Skupin is quite a clutz. maybe we now know the real reason he fell into the fire in Season 2. And just think-he had complete control of his tribe that season, and his dismissal from the game changed the numbers in the favor of eventual winner Tina and Colby's tribe at the merge.

Skupin could have been the Season 2 champ

3. printit

printit Member

Skupin absolutely would have won that year. They were kicking the crap out of the Okagor (sp) tribe. That was a great season.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How pissed would CBS have been if Whelchel was the first eliminated. If her tribe goes to tribal council even once before they switch things up (assuming they do) it's almost a given that she's first gone...

Kent's in the clear. I don't think anyone will recognize him.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

One of the women said she used to date a baseball fan and she recognized Kent, but she planned to sit on the info for now.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's what I get for trying to watch a 90-minute show in a half hour... :D

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

To go into answering that, you'd have to go into Jeff's warped mind. I remember when he first came into the majors. He had a chip on his shoulder and acted like he was big shit. I found him to be very comical at times.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I'm sad Zane is gone. He would at least be entertaining with his "Tales from the Tats." But, like Lloyd Bridges, he picked a hell of a day to quit ... well, you get the idea.

The pro athlete has already injured himself. Figures. The Man on Fire keeps cutting himself, leaving him open for infection. He will have the distinction of being the first Survivor player to leave the game for medical reasons TWICE.

And of course, we have a fair amount of ladies who will lose a lot of weight, yet their bust sizes will never decrease. In case of a flood (damn good odds in the Philippines), they may be used as flotation devices.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The previews for next week where comical where Whelchel cries and says she doesn't know if she can do Survivor. What the hell was she expecting? That said, I liked the first episode a lot.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Zane was a moron. Good riddance.
    And Russell's even more pompous and annoying than last time. What a tool.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Zane's "strategy" was the dumbest since that kid gave up the immunity idol. I was half expecting him to say at the end when the credits roll "Now I got them right where I want them. Which way to Redemption Island?"

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He would be among the more clueless people they have ever had on there and that's saying something.

Love how excited everyone gets on the first day: "I don't know you but let's have an alliance and we'll go to the final four together!"

Draft saved Draft deleted