1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Kent: one of my new favorite baseball players.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jan 11, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So what did he tell you about the second loogie?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He claimed it was Roger McDowell. But he still asked Jerry to help him move, and they hardly even knew each other. Just because you win a share of the 1979 MVP doesn't mean you can be that forward. Maybe if Willie Stargell wasn't there.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Keith Hernandez? I DESPISE Keith Hernandez!
    [​IMG]

BTW: To continue on the Seinfeld thread-jack, you won't believe how Wayne Knight looks nowadays. He's half the man he used to be!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Rolen can be a major-league prick at times. But he can also surprise you some days as well. I would say moody is the best way to categorize him.

Some of his former teammates also fit the bill:

Albert Pujols - dominant offensive force aside, he's a total jerk.
    Jim Edmonds -- dives when unnecessary, milks injuries on the field, very douchy.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Guillen is the SOB that demoted a pitcher because he didn't intentionally hit a batter.

A real asshole, if there ever was one.

Good list.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Guillen is also somewhat personal. Even though I had a great interview with him this past year, I completely agree with the opinion that the way he treated that one reliever was total bush-league bullshit, and he (and/or Ken Williams) never bothered to call up my friend on Triple-A Charlotte in September, even though he was one of the Knights' top players in the last two months.

Draft saved Draft deleted