1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Kent: one of my new favorite baseball players.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jan 11, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Fortunately, it's much easier to name all-class players than all-asshole players. There is a surplus of outfielders, but I'm still searching for a shortstop on the asshole team.

I'd love to say Derek Jeter, but aside from being vastly overrated (hi, ESPN!), he really isn't that bad a guy, is he?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Derek Jeter sold poison milk to school children.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

That's good enough for me.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

First you say you now have respect for him, now you're calling him a dickhead?

Make up your mind, Mr. Fail.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

"Child abuse is funny."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Wicked: I just said I respected the hell out of him making the statement that he did, ulterior motives or not. Never said I'd want him to marry into my family or anything. It is possible to respect someone and at the same time, think he's an A+ asshole.

Oh, and my ADH-team:

SP - Roger Clemens
    SP - Randy Johnson
    SP - Kevin Brown
    RP - Steve Howe (RIP)
    RP - John Rocker

C - Michael Barrett
    1B - Pete Rose
    2B - Jeff Kent
    3B - Scott Rolen
    SS - Nomar Garciaparra
    LF - Barry Lamar Bonds
    CF - Ty Cobb
    RF - Albert Belle
    DH - Vince Coleman

MGR: Tommy Lasorda
    1B Coach: Tony LaRussa
    3B Coach: Ozzie Guillen
    Owner: David Glass & Jeff Loria

Announcers: John Sterling & Suzyn Waldman

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nice list. My only objection is Nomar. Aside from sitting on the Red Sox bench during the Yankees series, while the rest of his teammates were standing in the late innings, what has he done? I could very well be missing something.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And for your announcers, I'd think about adding Keith Hernandez. Sterling and Waldman aren't dickheads, per se. They're just shitty. My man Keith is at least a total sexist (although he does get points for making out with Elaine).

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Nomar is personal. Rolen, I can't think of a jerky 3B and I'm too tired to try hard. Guillen, he's a looney, so what the hey. And I put Sterling/Waldman in just to pile on. If there are more "qualified" players out there, by all means, list 'em. No skin off my back. I'm just gonna head off to sleep. Too much champagne & jaeger shots tonight. Yeesh.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Trust me, dude, there's no offense from our questions. But you can't just throw up a list and not have a couple folks chime in on it. And believe me, I'm still mad about Mia Hamm, too.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Touche.

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Keith said something ridiculously stupid and uninformed about the female trainer in the dugout, but I've had extensive dealings with him and have never found him to be sexist.

Draft saved Draft deleted