1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Jarvis and son together on a podcast

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Everyone's favorite newspaper basher and new media cheerleader Jeff Jarvis was on This Week in Tech with his son this past weekend.

http://twit.tv/197

Same old BS about how links are the new currency in journalism. I would like to see him start a journalism company that makes money since he teaches entrepreneurial journalism at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It's scary that he breeds.

3. Wendy Parker

Wendy Parker New Member

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Jarvis ignores prior contributions in everything he posts. From who designed the parts to use in local motors to news organizations that produce the content that bloggers link to.

He doesn't seem to understand who will cover the city council meeting, school boards, or high school softball. And then write something that most people can understand. Sometimes I'll be the only non-school employee at a school board meeting. If my paper goes away, no one is going to do that for free.

Draft saved Draft deleted