1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Fisher on McNair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jul 7, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

again, i'm not sure anyone criticized fisher or george for defending their friend. however, clearly things are coming out now that tells us mcnair's romantic choices were far from outstanding.

he was, after all, a revered figure in nashville who was still married, a father of 4 including a son just 2 years younger than this girl, who now might have been involved with a third woman.

wowza.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Good Lord...first shot to his temple, next two shots 2-4 feet away to his chest, last shot to his other temple. Then positioned herself so that when she shot herself in the head she would fall onto his lap, altho she ultimately slid to the floor.

I am so deeply horrified for his children.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've withheld posting this before now, but I have a friend who is an ER nurse in Nashville and he's been telling me stories about McNair and his various lady friends for years.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

at least now we know it was more than injuries breaking down his body. ::) ::) ::)

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

The bigger question is HOW WILL YOU remember Steve McNair?

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't matter.

All that matters is what Jeff Fisher said because Jeff Fisher is a better coach than Tony Dungy.....[\clueless idiots]

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

not well. :( :( :(

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

How about remembering him as an outstanding athlete with a flawed personality. No one here is perfect.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

nope, we sure aren't. but the way he went out trumps everything in my eyes. there's no way it won't be the first thing i think of when someone mentions "steve mcnair."

and methinks you're lying if you say anything else. sure, after the circumstances if his death i'll recall he was a very good quarterback. but the lede to his story will ALWAYS be his death.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

1 yard short of a load.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes, his death will come to mind. Just like Len Bias, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin. But again, you can't take away from what he did as a profressional athlete. Also, unlike the three examples I threw out, he had retired from the game.
    There have been a number of athletes whose demise has been questioned.Oscar Bonavena was a heavyweight champion but died in a brothel. Does that make him less than a flawed human being? No. In short, we're all flawed.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

sadly, some more than others.

Draft saved Draft deleted