1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jeff conaway, "bobby wheeler," R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, May 19, 2011.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The way I'd like to remember him:

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When I think of Taxi, this scene always comes to mind. And Christopher Lloyd and Jeff Conway killed at the end.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Taxi reruns gave me many laughs, late at night, after shitty office shifts at my shop in the late '80s.

Of course, loved Elaine, thought Tony was funny (for once in his life), tolerated Judd Hirsch/Alex, and he certainly had his moments.

Louie DePalma, played by Danny DeVito, made it so funny, along with Reverend Jim/Christopher Lloyd, and Andy Kaufman/Latka Gravas before he wigged out.

The late Jeff Conaway was kind of a pretty boy who fit right in. The next time I see more than a few seconds of "Grease" will be the first. But he fit in with the Taxi ensemble.

It was painful watching bits and pieces of "Celebrity Rehab." Of course that fucking thing is exploitative beyond belief anyways.

When VH1 gave us Ron Jeremy and Tami Faye and her tattoed makeup and one of the Baywatch babes with little talent, yeah, that was kinda amusing. But seeing C-listers deal with their demons is just plain fucked up.

It's a sad commentary on what this society has devolved into.

RIP Mr. Conaway. Peace.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Ahem. Story, please?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What a wonderful, wonderful show that was. I had forgotten about that scene, but I don't think i've ever laughed as hard at a sitcom than that scene. As good an ensemble as i've ever seen on a sitcom.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

That scene is a classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted