1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Bridges

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 24, 2019.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

If it's a commercial, it raises some interesting copyright issues, at least for a dork like me. I'm assuming the Cohen brothers are cashing in, because I'm guessing they hold rights to the character. But Jeff Bridges did so much to make the character outside of the Cohens—the jelly sandals were his idea, for instance. Who created and owns The Dude? Finally I have a worthy PhD thesis.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jeff Dowd wants in on this.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Supposedly John Turturro has already shot a Jesus Quintana movie called "Going Places" that will be released this year. He hounded the Coen brothers for years to make a sequel based on the Jesus but they weren't interested, so he did it himself.

[​IMG]

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh, c’mon, it’s obviously about White Russians because anything with that R word is so in vogue.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wait a second, their compensation is 1 to 12 months of clean water for someONE in Africa? You gotta be kidding me. I'd expect at least 50 new wells to get me to sell out a character like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted