1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Blake's parabolic arc bombs to Week 8 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So while watching tonight's Chargers-Broncos game, Jim Nance previews the Sunday doubleheader action on CBS, noting that most viewers will see the Panthers-Seahawks for the early game. I'm thinking that has to be a mistake. Why would two NFC teams be playing on CBS? CBS is the AFC network.

I went forward to Sunday on my guide and it does show the Seahawks and Panthers on CBS.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah they put that provision in the new contract because all the flexing and Thursday nighting was making it very difficult to give both networks a full slate of games.

I believe the idea has its genesis in Tebow -- there was some kind of huge behind-the-scenes fight that year, and to appease Fox they moved a Broncos-Vikings game that should have been on CBS.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

One thing I do have to admit bothers me it the continuity error with the gloves.

They're there, and then they're gone, then they're back.

And didn't he play QB?

Is he that worried about keeping his hands clean? Ya know?

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I wonder if he plays piano?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's not the first time they've done it this season, either. Bills-Patriots was on Fox a week or two ago.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Once again, Peyton Manning is Mr. October. Unstoppable.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

It'll be fun to see when Manning gets his ass handed to him in January again.

He's pissed at the scoreboard operator for "distracting" one of his linemen and causing a false start with less than 2 minutes left in a 2-touchdown lead. And God forbid they get the remaining fans on their feet and make a little bit of noise.

Mr. Fucking NFL and his eight-figure contract decides he needs to flex his muscles and call out a nameless behind-the-scenes person who was doing their job for probably a couple of hundred bucks a game. He's an insufferable cockbag. I'd love to see how the national media would react if it was Jay Cutler and not the "Aw shucks. OMAHA! OMAHA!" kid.

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Bet the farm on the Lions winning in London Sunday since evidently the Falcons will be in the wrong country.

[​IMG]

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/22/7039305/falcons-infographic-london-nfl-game-spain

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Manning is now getting the "Favre in his last 6 years in Green Bay treatment" from the national media.

Can't wait for it to get a little cooler outside and the pressure gets a little more intense.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, because that's really been his Achilles' heel since going to Denver.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was no pressure in last season's Divisional Playoff and AFC Championship Games.

Because he won those, eh? ::) ::) ::)

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's just lazy stupid old narratives.

Exmedia has some odd football thoughts, especially when it comes to QB's. Manning is lazy and everything was given to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted