1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Blake's parabolic arc bombs to Week 8 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I gotta go back and see if he was wearing the khakis when he played for the Colts.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know. Jed York even said Harbaugh is their coach and they're trying to win a Super Bowl, so there shouldn't be any more questions about what's going on inside.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

On second thought, he is nice to the guys who own/run the Country Counter, so maybe all that stuff about intentionally fucking with people because he enjoys chaos is just lies.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Dear God. Even as a Niners fan, I need a Silkwood shower after reading that shit.

OMFG

5. LongTimeListener

The last time we received such a realistic depiction of a sports personality's home life was the ESPN commercial of Kobe Bryant making a diaper run.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Titans name rookie Zach Mettenburger their starting QB.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That Harbaugh thing has to be parody, right? Right?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

martin rickman ‏@martinrickman
    if you order a mettenberger at a restaurant the server just throws a patty and ketchup at your chest

9. LongTimeListener

At least when he leaves we know they won't accuse him of not being white enough.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

York: I'm sending over the digital media guy. Try to be less of an ass today.
    Harbs: Shit. Fine. He can watch me take out the trash. Now, where are my goddamn "taking out the trash" gloves?
    PR guy: The light reflecting off your khakis is glorious. I must be in the right place.
    Harbs: So you're the guy who is spying on me, huh?
    PR guy: No! I swear! I'm just hear to write about your friendly interactions with service workers and people whose names you're clearly learning for the first time!
    Harbs: Whatever. I don't care if you make me look like a dick. Art is trying to bring order to chaos. You know who said that?
    PR guy: I don't. But I'm fascinated.
    Harbs: Eh, I think it was Sondheim. Or maybe Ellen Degeneres. Fuck it. Let's play with my kid.
    Addison Harbaugh: Dad, what are you doing?
    Harbs: I'm reading Where The Wild Things Are. Don't get this Max kid though. Seems like a real "I" guy, when he coulda been a "we" guy and led those monsters to storm the damn city and gotten all the hot dinner they wanted.
    Addison: Dad I don't even like that book anymore. We haven't read it since you were at Stanford.
    Harbs: Is that right? Well, are you getting this PR guy? Lil Addie is sharp on details. I should put her in charge of timeouts.
    PR guy: Um, should we get a donut? Maybe stage a photo op with a friendly old white man who used to serve coffee to Joe Montana?
    Harbs: Shit, I guess. You're a real man with a plan aren't ya, spy guy? Being busy does not always mean real work. Edison said that, I think. Mighta been Lorne Michaels though.
    Donut guy: Coach! So proud to have you here in Country Counters! Can I offer you a free coffee and donut?
    Harbs: Love that idea, bucko. Got any jellies? Personally, I like to eat a jelly a let a little of it get on my shirt before I go into a meeting. Looks like blood. The guy who will bleed a die for his team is the guy who is going to win that six inches in front of your face. That's from a movie.
    PR Guy: Any Given Sunday?
    Harbs: Nah, Scarface I think. Fucking great flick. You writing all this shit down, spy guy? What's Silver Spoon gonna say if I fart the Sunday Night Football theme song and you put it on your Facespace?
    PR guy: Um...
    Harbs: Hah! I'm just fucking with ya, kid. Now, let's take some awkward photos with this dude and go watch some Judge Judy. I love that chick. Something about a gal on a robe makes these khakis tingle. You wanna wash these jellies down with a hotdog? Of course you do. Let's see who can eat the most hotdogs in two minutes. C'mon you, scared? Only when we are no longer afraid do we truly begin to live. Now pass me a goddam mustard.

11. I am stunned there were no shots of him watching DWTS. Or The Voice.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I liked the Harbaugh piece.

Makes me sad so many here seem to be jaded.

Thought the pictures were fabulous.

The camera loves him, and he loves it back. So natural, so at ease.

Same as this guy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted