1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Blake's parabolic arc bombs to Week 8 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think it might be due to Fort Benning, Ga., and Fort Rucker, Ala., and the number of military transplants in that area.

There are still a ton of Packers fans on the Mississippi Coast due to Favre. When he was in his heyday with Green Bay in the late 90s, there was actually a Gulfport station that was part of the Packers radio network.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jay Cutler just loves weeks like these.

"Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL. ... He just hasn't produced like an elite quarterback," Urlacher said.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11749420/brian-urlacher-jay-cutler-chicago-bears-elite-qb-salary-only

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He hasn't produced like an elite quarterback because he's not an elite quarterback.

He's paid like one because he just got a new contract and guys are always higher on those lists in the first year of a new contract.

Brian Urlacher never won a Super Bowl, so who cares what he thinks?

4. LongTimeListener

Only quarterbacks win Super Bowls, Rick. You've been hanging around here long enough to know that.

5. RickStain

Urlacher was the Quarterback of the Defense.

Urlacher hasn't opened his mouth enough of the years for me to dislike him, but enough that I'm sure I would if he did.

He also said that a leader like Olin Kreutz wouldn't have let teammates yell at each other like that. Kreutz, of course, once got in a fight with a teammate at an FBI gun range.

6. LongTimeListener

I believe he once expressed a desire for the glory days of Kyle Orton, winner.

7. RickStain

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in news of interest only to me, the Titans have apparently raised the white flag on their former First Round draft pick Jake Hurt Locker, and will start Zach Mettenberger against the Texans.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I loved that Camden County in eastern NC went for the Vikings. Did some local star play for them?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"As he came closer, his khaki pants caught the light outside the tree line and I knew I was in the right place."

http://t.co/uv0cqRqAlq

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He does NOT wear those frigging khakis and black turtleneck to take down the trash.

No way.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That piece couldn't have been a more unintentional piece of hilarious propaganda if it was written and directed by Leni Riefenstahl.

Draft saved Draft deleted