1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Blake's parabolic arc bombs to Week 8 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Pat McAfee is awesome.
    Tweets out to Antonio Brown asking him not to kick him in the face this week.

As far as I'm concerned there are two really good teams in the NFL - Broncos and Ravens - and then everybody else.
    Lot of good games this week. ..

Chargers-Broncos should be a good start to the week.
    Jay Cutler gets to visit New England ... That'll be fun.
    Seahawks and Panthers
    Ravens and Bengals rematch
    Colts-Steelers
    Packers-Saints

and the Redskins QB of the week gets to play Dallas.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Re: Jeff Blake's parabolic arch bombs to Week 8 of the NFL

Agree about McAfee. He's great on NFL Network. He'll be hired as a broadcaster or analyst the second his career is over.

3. Re: Jeff Blake's parabolic arch bombs to Week 8 of the NFL

Yeah, he'll have no shortage of job offers.

Interesting to see what happens to the Steelers this week. They are known for MNF hangovers. I don't think the season swung last night, but it helped.
    If Shazier gets back for Sunday it helps.

Martavis Bryant had a nice debut. The Steelers offense can keep pace with Indy, I think. A win is another question.

The Ravens-Bengals game will be HUGE for Cincy. A loss puts Baltimore well in control of the division. The Bengals? They haven't won in a month!

4. RecoveringJournalist

The Ravens seem to have very quietly had a very good season. Given the way their season started with all the controversy, what they've done is very impressive.

5. RecoveringJournalist

I know we're not quite at the halfway point of the season, but who is your MVP?

I'd probably vote for Rodgers, but I would have no problem with Murray or Watt either.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Luck

7. Re: Jeff Blake's parabolic arch bombs to Week 8 of the NFL

I think it's Murrary. Hands down.
    Everybody loves running backs.

I am stunned by his rushing record: The first back in NFL history to rush for at least 100 yards in each of the first seven games of a season.

Really? Not Jim Brown? Dickerson, OJ? Wow.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Based on expectations of how the Cowboys were supposed to be doing, it'd have to be Murray.

9. ryanb

ryanb Member

You have to be impressed when the record a guy breaks belonged to Jim Brown.

10. ryanb

ryanb Member

Without question. McAfee has always been a fun interview. I wrote about him in high school, when he was already telling people he was going to kick in the NFL.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

McAfee's line after posting the pic is also funny. Says Brown is such a great wide receiver that the Steelers should stop having him returning punts. Especially before the weekend.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Matt Flynn rocked out with Pearl Jam. Hardcore.

http://deadspin.com/matt-flynn-had-a-hell-of-a-time-at-last-nights-pearl-ja-1648860350

Right place right time again -- that guy's Forrest Gump. This time he had the foresight to choose Mookie's #10.

Draft saved Draft deleted