1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Bagwell - HOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Dec 15, 2006.

?

Do you think Jeff Bagwell will be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  3. Bagwell deserves to get in but won't get the votes

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Bagwell doesn't deserve to get in but will get the votes anyway

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Naw, just smarter than the new ones with the clever "snoop" names. Doesn't take much, really.

2. boots

boots New Member

go get em smasher

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

OK, asshat... who do you KNOW is clean playing baseball right now?

Fuck you.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Missing the point for $500, Alex.

Borderline pricks don't get in.

Borderline nice guys sometimes do.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I have no clue, I doubt you do either, but to say that because this generation is tainted we should go back & induct everyone from the last, cleaner generation for good behavior is absurd.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Frank White?

Now, that is stupidity.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight.

You are saying that Jeff Bagwell does not belong in the Hall of Fame because the Red Sox once considered him expendable? Never mind that this was before he had played a single game in the major leagues. Do you really think they would go back and make that trade again knowing what he turned out to be?

If that is true, it is truly sad that you have a Hall of Fame vote. You may be a good reporter (hell, I know more about your bedroom antics than your journalistic skills, thanks to the infamous thread about your neighbor), but if you are going to discount a legitimate Hall of Fame candidate the fact that the Red Sox were dumb enough to consider him expendable when he was a minor leaguer, that is simply proof that there is at least one voter who has no idea what he is doing.

And please, save your big timing for somebody who cares.

8. boots

boots New Member

No one is big timing. I just don't think he's a Hall of Famer. Did the BoSox make a mistake? At the time there were those who thought Bagwell was good. However, the fact was that the club did think of him as being expendable. That's why they they traded him.
    Don't let the facts fool you. Bagwell was great in the steroid era. However, he's not, in my opinion, a hall of famer.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Clearly a poseur.

If you want a lesson on subtle, self-assured, believable big-timing, I can refer you to the master around here.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm ashamed I didn't post that.

Well played, bw.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

"go back and induct everyone"

This sort of misrepresentation in discussion is exactly why we are the toy department.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are legitimate arguments against Bagwell. You, unfortunately, haven't hit on any of them.

I stand by my statement. If you really do have a vote, that vote is being wasted.

And saying your opinion can't be silly because you have a vote, to me at least, is big timing.

Unless you have some evidence that Bagwell used steroids, any evidence at all, leaving him off for being part of the steroid era is ridiculous, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted