1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JDV Vids - hot women & fast boats! *Funny*

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Jun 18, 2007.

?

Are you smarter than JDV?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've met him. I would not go that far.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] = [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He, um, has better taste in clothing. I far prefer the beer can to the wifebeater.

4. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

This is one of my favorite posts of all time.

I like 21 a lot. I have no idea who she is in real life, but I do know many here do know her identity and they give her a lot of respect, which I am sure is deserved.

So let's, for the sake of my post, dub her the 'Queen of SJ' (no offense intended towards any other female SJ poster) given her regaled status.

JDV has been mocked, slandered, childishly attacked, called a liar and just about anything else you can imagine on this site. Save the bunk about he brings it on himself, the bottom line is John is what he says he is. He's never lied about anything. Yet many still cannot resist the chance to 'hopefully' debunk the 'JDV myth,' or some such nonsense.

From an observers point of view, one of the things that always amuses me is that it seems whenever John comes around, the SJ women show up. Sure, they play it off as though they only want to see the 'train wreck,' but somehow they always manage to read and post on his threads. Never fails. There's something going on there. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it is.

Now, something John understands better than just about anyone I've ever met - and he learned this a lot earlier in his life than I did, and he helped me to understand it - is the importance of the bottom line over just about all else. If you sell tickets, e.g., they have to tolerate you. Ask Kobe or Buss.

John is box office, pretty much always has been. And because he's box office, things like his disinterest in spelling don't mean sh*t. When JDV worked at his first legal job, the other first-year's hated him b/c he did things his own way. And you know what? The top partners didn't give a sh*t about the other first-year's, b/c JDV brought in clients. No clients, no profits, no firm. Grinders are far more replaceable than finders. MJ had different rules than Steve Kerr, and so on and so forth.

And so now SJ. Pathetic 'threadjack' attempts involving cat jpeg's, etc. Wikipedia wanna-be lawyers, etc. 'JDV resume debunking' division-of-labor agreements, etc. All the while, we've been trying to tell you you're setting yourself up for a huge right hook on the kisser. And now the counterpunches are beginning to reign down in droves, as you were warned they would be.

John hangs out with girls like this and in situations likes this all the time -- this is who he is. It's not some desperate binge designed to bolster his image on SJ; this is pretty normal stuff for him. So all the 'how much did you pay the girl to be in the pic with you' junk? That's out. I haven't even watched the video, but I have a pretty good idea of who's involved and what was going on. I should, I've seen it all before.

Lesson: If the Villa boys tell you something about themselves, it's legit. Don't waste your time trying to poke holes and do interviews, etc. with joke haters who have their own agendas. In the end, you'll end up looking as stupid as your 'sources' are. John doesn't need hyperbole to describe his life because his life is hyperbolic. So is mine, but on a much lesser scale than John's for the moment. To use current slang, 'That's how we roll.'

Anyway, back to 21's post and why I like it so much. 21, as my 'Queen of SJ', has taken assorted swipes at JDV, although nothing like what some of the more juvenile members here have resorted to. Again, I have no issue with 21. She is just being used as a high-level representative of SJ as a whole.

Well, since JDV got here it's been 'you're a fraud,' 'why should we listen to you,' 'nobody cares about you,' 'you're full of crap,' etc. And all these slurs were indulged in so gleefully and assuredly. JDV was a mere 'joke,' etc. who could be laughed and threadjacked off of the site.

Again, intelligent people understand it's all about the bottom line. Want to know who's one of the intelligent people?

Webby.

Why is he intelligent, in this context?

Because he knows who's 'bringing the hits,' as it were. And who's not. Which is why there has been an overhaul of the SJ rules. That is my interpretation, anyways.

The...bottom...line. Always remember that.

So what you see in 21's post is essentially a cry for Webby to call off the JDV dogs. Or to put it another way, SJ peeps can't handle the truth. The guy you wanted to run off and ridicule helps - and has the potential to help - the site's bottom line vastly more than any of you spellcheck-using, wikipedia-tutored losers. You know who you are. And now those who reveled in belittling JDV (as represented by 21) can't handle it that the big guy has won, yet again. "Please, Webby, you just CANT make us all look so incredibly stupid and played-out for all the crap we talked about JDV by publicly asking for his help to drive up the site's membership and read-throughs. You're abandoning us!!!"

Nope. You abandoned yourselves. You cynicism and inability to think outside of your own respective worldviews didn't allow you to understand/respect what JDV is bringing to the table. Webby's got a site to run. He's a producer; you're consumers. So if your sense of 'justice' doesn't seem as though it's being fulfilled by Webby's solicitation, I have two words for you: Tough sh*t. You were warned, but you just kept inching further out on the weak frail branch and now it has irrevocably snapped. Nice bleeping job, dicktrees.

I think I will refer to 21's monumental post as the "Collective SJ Raised White Flag Ends the JDV Wars" post. As a quickname, perhaps "WF" post will suffice.

And to JDV I say: Add another notch on the 'pelts collected' belt. If there's any more room left.

For the trolls - you're flatlining. You've been circumscribed by the new rules. You're soft. You're done.

Suckers.

JDV is holding the 'Lord of the Flies' conch, and you were dumb enough not to understand that, or you actually believed you, instead, were holding it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So many words, so little content.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Point taken. He may be excruciatingly annoying, but malicious he's not.

7. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

For you, Zeke, I'm not the least bit surprised by that remark. Let's just say I'm not writing for your grade level. That's probably the nicest way I can put it. Thus, you can't derive much from what I write. I feel ya.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Exactly Phila.

You can count on one hand the number of people Webby has banned in five years. It's a weapon he doesn't use without very good reason.
    Being a dipshit is not one of them. For that, he provided the button you can use but not discuss.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Again, rok shoots and scores ... regardless of what some might think.

10. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Thanks, SG. And thanks for the props on the other thread. Everyone here knows I'm going to write what I want to write regardless, but it's still nice to know at least one other person 'gets it.' :)

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The Girls of SportsJournalists.com come out for JDV ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

As a great man says... "Abs=chicks"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.