1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JDV strikes again...and again! (updated)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Re: JDV strikes again!

There's always the option of blowing goats. For fun AND profit.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Please elaborate.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When I was in school, there was a guy in my dorm from Pakistan, and he taught me how to curse in Urdu. One of the better ones was "goat fucker." Phonetically, it's pronounced backra-chud.

The best thing about Urdu curse words is that they are not casual insults. If you call someone a "sister fucker," you had better be ready to fight to the death with knives. Still, whenever I get into a cab, if the license the driver has a Pakistani sounding name, I ask him if he speaks Urdu practice my curse words. They always laugh when I do it.

4. Clever username

Someway, somehow backra-chud has to become a running insult.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Ummm..... errrrr....... uhhhhhhh...... It's just a colloquial expression. Yeah, that's it. A colloquial expression. ;D

But it does bring to mind that if one were to cornhole a sheep, wouldn't the condom be built-in already?

6. Clever username

Jones?

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

From an ad on the page JDV linked:

[​IMG]

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

"Fuck a goat!"

[​IMG]

9. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Uh oh

What's this!

http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2007/01/bubbliciouspaidcontent_crowd_t.html

Hey Mert wussdo no one takes me seriously right????

Yeah, everyone is following your lead there big guy - just waiting for you to fly around the world and turn time back like Superman - lol.

Oh wait a minute...chirp chirp - crickets! Guess what? REALITY is not listening to you.

This coming from a guy who had Yoda as an avatar and a tag line that said (wocka, wocka, wocka) - lol!

Whoooo the PINACLE of journalistic seriousness and decorum - Eddy Murrow one side please - make room for Mert! Oh man, Fozzy Bear sounds about right up your alley.

The force is weak in that one.

Here is an avatar idea for you - your more like Jabba's little weasel sidekick.

Now, SG's codas on the other hand (and their tag lines) are bad ass (reminds me of old toonces skits on SNL. I want to see some codas in cars!)

Anyway, the rest of you can have some fun with this & all jokes aside it was a great article by Mark Glaser of PBS (former LAT) - super fun & smart guy.

Looking forward to more work from him.

Conrats Mark!

John

Say it with me Mert (I may hate...err love him) - but JDV is just 2 Sweeeeet! & ALWAYS box office!!

PS - you like my ability to drop sound crucial hot bytes in the interview while staying exactly on topic (does that count for working the corners JDub?)

Thread thriller & lady killer out!

10. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I couldn't have said it better myself.

11. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Thanks DP!

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

It cracks me up when people get worked up over this guy...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted