1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JazBox -- has anyone used it?

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by wickedwritah, Aug 17, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I am told it's a Harris product, based somewhat off inDesign. Can someone give me a primer on it -- is it difficult to learn, how much of an uphill climb, etc. I've only had Quark experience. I also plan on downloading a trial version of it if I can find one, just to learn the ropes more quickly.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Used it at a former paper. It's child's play to learn, actually. Simple drag-and-drop interface with InDesign.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So JazBox is the front-end system, and inDesign is the design system?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Whew. And my connections were saying that it can be a bear to use. You make it sound all too easy, Doc.

6. Easy to use if setup correctly. It is crash prone, at least ours is. And for all kinds of reasons.

7. Fisch

Fisch Member

Speed was the biggest issue we had with it in St. Louis. The InDesign part was great, but it took close to a minute to save a page.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Was that an application issue or a LAN issue?

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In our case, it never takes a minute to save a page. Definitely a LAN issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted