1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jayson Stark's Most Over-rated/Under-rated list

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 16, 2007.

1. This is a fantastic debate, and it makes me think more of Fernando Valenzuela than anyone. From what I hear (wasn't quite old enough), the guy OWNED LA in the early 80s. But his legend became bigger than he really was, which says a lot, because he could fill out those pants.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Something really momentous has to be at hand for me to give a closer even a millisecond of second thought for Cy.

3. Simon_Cowbell

CC Sabathia is on pace for 206 Ks and 35 walks.

I thought that was pretty damned good... then I looked at Pedro's 2000 again: 284 Ks, 35 BB.

Wow.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

If Papelbon stayed healthy last year and maintained his pace, he would have had a decent shot at the Cy Young.

And I still can't beleive Colon beat out Santana in '05...what were sportswriters thinking? Besides a few extra wins, Santana > Colon in every single meaningful category.

5. Simon_Cowbell

And, to me, it would have been a disgrace.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I quote myself (is that allowed? ;)) from last July 16.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

I've always enjoyed the Duane Wards and Scot Shields, guys who could close (and Ward did for a couple of years before he was hurt) but who are more valuable pitching multiple pressure innings in almost every winning situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted