1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jayson Stark's Most Over-rated/Under-rated list

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Koufax pick was Stark being a jackass publicity hound. He readily admitted Koufax was the best lefty in baseball history on ESPN Radio.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Is you concede someone's the best, but they're still overrated, to me you're just a jackass splitting hairs. I think that guy in college always parsing and qualifying every little moment of life, and squeezing the juice right out of it.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That Boras accused Stark of manipulating stats for profiteering was priceless.

It's blatantly obvious that Boras is convinced that he can get an insane contract for Andruw. As much as I'd like to say "fat chance," he got Boston to pay J.D. Drew, a living heart donor, entirely too much money.

Psst, Scott ... Andruw Jones was never Willie Mays. Ken Griffey Jr. was the closest, and too many injuries quashed that.

STFU, Boras. Wait ... don't. I want to see Jayson Stark continue to cook your sorry a_s.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

JUST 19 percent? Good lord!

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes.

He's pretty fucking maligned.

6. Simon_Cowbell

7. Simon_Cowbell

Ryan, like Kevin Brown, was one of those guys who got notoriously poor run support.

That should have been the stat Jayson was locking in on.

8. Simon_Cowbell

It certainly seems intellectually dishonest.

9. But if Ryan had poor run support, so did the other pitchers on his staff. He still should have had more wins than them, right?

10. Editude

Editude Active Member

Saw several of Ryan's games when I was a pup. Yes, there was poor run support, but as dominating as he was, Ryan would throw in a bases-loaded walk, a wild pitch and an error (he wasn't a good fielder) in a 2-1 or 3-1 loss. For many years, Tanana was the better pitcher on an offensively challenged team.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's quite possible you are right, but since you weren't there to watch them, what are you basing your unequivocal opinion upon?

12. Simon_Cowbell

It does not mean that at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted