1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jayson Blair: Life Coach

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Aug 20, 2009.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Kent "Flounder" Dorfman is my life coach and sensitivity trainer...

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Did anyone read his book? I would never pay a fucking cent for it but I'm thinking of checking it out at the library. Thoughts?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Somebody can still do it. And I think it's a great idea.

4. ringer

ringer Active Member

I'd love to write it...and then pitch it to the NYT.

(Somehow, I doubt they'd go for it.)

No, but the truth is: on my paltry freelance income, I can't even AFFORD Blair. And I'm sure he'd want to be paid upfront. The sheisters always do.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"Damn straight."

[​IMG]

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Here's a podcasted interview with Jayson Blair that's pretty extensive.

Boy, he really does come off as a smooth operator -- a little too smooth, too easily, for my liking.

And, given his background, it does, unfortunately, make you question everything he says.

According to him, the N.Y. Times actually helped him get mental-health help. Given what happened there, that surprises me, if true. And if so, he's fortunate.

Wow. To the whole interview, and the series of events that supposedly landed him in his new life, that's all I can say. It's just hard to imagine, because it really doesn't sound like he's really done all that much, himself, to change and make these things happen for himself.

Wow.

http://coachingcommons.org/featured/coachreporter-interview-with-jayson-blair-disgraced-journalist-turned-life-coach-listen-to-the-podcast/

Draft saved Draft deleted