1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jay-Z on Letterman

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Sep 10, 2009.

1. and that raekwon is just as good as the blueprint 3....two classic albums after years of commercial bullshit...good time to be a hip hop fan

2. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

The thing I’ve always admired about Jay-Z is his entrepreneurial spirit and can do attitude. Don’t get me wrong he’s a talented rapper, one of the best. He's also though a very successful businessman. I saw a documentary on him where they said that he’s worth an estimated five hundred million dollars. I don’t know how accurate that figure is but it certainly seems like it’s in the right ballpark.

Jay-Z didn’t have a record deal. So he started a record label.

An Italian fashion label turned him down for a deal. So he started his own fashion label. In 2007 he sold the rights to the Rocawear brand for two hundred and four million dollars.

That can do attitude is something that is very admirable.

3. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

I'm not a businessman/I'm a business, man

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

Let me handle my business, damn.

5. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

That was good. You should write for a living or something.

Seriously, I thought that impressive. I always like it when people do cool shit with words. I blame the degree in Creative Writing.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You do know that's a Jay-Z line, right?

7. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

That bypassed me.

I have been drinking though.

8. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools/'Cuz people from a distance can't tell who is who"

Draft saved Draft deleted